132kV DRY PLUG-IN GIS SWITCHGEAR TERMINATIONS COURSE
TRAINING COURSE OBJECTIVES
To enable delegates nominated for appointment as TE Connectivity High Voltage Cable Accessories Certified Installers, to acquire the necessary background and practical knowledge as well as technical and manual skills to successfully and safely install designated TE Connectivity Dry Compact Plug-in GIS Switchgear Termination: PHVS-145 + PHVX-145.
- Understand product design specificities
- Perfect installation techniques
- Understand manufacturers Installation instructions
“TE Connectivity High Voltage Cables Accessories – Certified Installer” certification with photograph, valid for two years and for the full scope of products described above will be issued to delegates on successful completion of the course and three on-site installations supervised by a certified TE Connectivity Trainer.
Scope: High Voltage Cable layout / extension / refurbishment / maintenance work or emergency repairs with Cable Accessories Installation. High Voltage Cable Connection in Electrical Substations and Associated Systems.
Your Job: Highly experienced and fully qualified High Voltage Cable Jointer/Installer.
DURATION, LOCATION AND DELIVERY
- Duration: 2 full days. Delegates are requested to travel to Wrexham, UK
- Location: Cable Training Services, Cable Services Limited, Rhosddu Industrial Estate, Wrexham, LL11 4YZ
- Delivery: The course in delivered by TE Connectivity-employed Certified High Voltage Trainers.
- Courses are designed around a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 delegates. Delegates will work in pairs for the practical training.
- KNOWLEDGE: High Voltage Cable Systems
- EXPERIENCE: Experience in High Voltage Cable preparation and jointing at 66kV and above
- UNDERSTANDING: Good Practices: health and safety in High Voltage site environment
High Voltage XLPE Cable Constructions and screen types
Minimum 3 years experience in Cable Jointing installations
Working practices of cable installation with high voltage electrical systems
Function of components of High Voltage accessories
WHAT THIS COURSE IS
A hands-on training course for currently experienced High Voltage Jointers who wish to gain additional skills to carry out TE Connectivity High Voltage Accessories installations. All training material and instructions relate to TE Connectivity’s offer exclusively.
Successful completion of this training course will enable participants to become a TE Connectivity High Voltage Cable Accessories Certified Installer, for the scope of products covered in the training course.
We strongly recommend TE Connectivity HV Accessories to be installed by a TE Connectivity certified Installer.
We strongly recommend all Installation control sheets to be completed & signed by Certified Installers on completion of a site installation.
WHAT THIS COURSE IS NOT
A course to train delegates to become a 132kV skilled jointers / installers of any other suppliers’ accessories.
A course to train delegates in cable preparation skills prior to any accessories installation.
If delegates CV and proof of experience are not demonstrating the required level of knowledge and skills for the chosen course, TE Connectivity’s Trainers reserve the right to refuse acceptance of the delegate onto the course.
All TE Connectivity high voltage cable accessories certified trainers reserve the right to deny certification to any delegate who does not demonstrate a sufficient level of skills during the training course.
Training: this is a “hands-on” training course: Participants are required to bring their own appropriate PPE Equipment, including Overalls, Safety shoes/boots and gloves.
Tools: High Voltage Installation Tools are provided during the training session for the time and purpose of the course. We require delegates to bring their own hand and cable preparation tools.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Cable Services Limited Terms & Conditions for Training apply.
THEORY AND PREPARATION:
• Induction / Welcome Meeting: Demo room and workshop visit; installation of heating blankets.
• TE Connectivity High Voltage Dry Compact Plug-in GIS Switchgear Termination (PHVS-145 + PHVX-145) Overview Presentation – In class session
• Understanding general cable construction: familiarisation of different screen and conductor types, checking overall diameter against data sheet, checking cable over sheath to establish appropriate stripping methods
• Product familiarisation: samples presentation
• Installation of cable straighteners
• Understanding stress control
• Understanding XLPE cable preparation methods
• Refresher: understanding the role of product components and HVCA tools utilisation
• Cable preparation and joint installation in Training School: PHVS- 145 + PHVX-145
• Final Examination
• Assessment of participants skills / Feedback / Q & A Session
HOW TO MAKE AN APPLICATION
All Applications are to be made with Cables Services Ltd.
Proof of experience is required to be submitted with this application & will be checked prior to applicants being accepted on the course.
NB: please provide an accurate e-mail address as this will be used to communicate all course related information, booking confirmation, location details, etc.
Please select APPLY NOW and complete all the fields. If you have any further questions, you can email us at : firstname.lastname@example.org